Monday, February 25, 2008

textbook

hi, everyone! Hope all of you are doing great! I am considering changing textbook next year.My students next year will be mostly freshman and sophomore high school students. It will be their first year chinese course. Recently I came across Chengo Chinese online, it seems to be a good textbook to use. I am wondering if anyone has been using this series. Please let me know how you feel about this book or any other textbook that you recommend. I think a textbook with workbook for students doing exercise after class will be great! Your responses will be highly appreciated!

Chaoyi

2 comments:

赵老师 said...

Hi Chaoyi,
I've only looked at Chengo in the past. Did you get the full edition to preview? My district is looking at new text as well...for 2009-2010. Right now, we're still considering changing from IC to Chinese Link.

What do you like about Chengo?

Sara

Aaron B said...

Chaoyi,

I really like the Chengo flash animation stories and think they would be excellent materials to design lessons around. I am especially impressed with how they incorporate culture into every lesson and how they seem to be about the appropriate age level for high school students.

Aaron