Friday, June 15, 2007

A New Teacher

Sorry, I am late. My name is Zhongqi Lu. Since many people who do not know Chinese Pinyin have difficulties pronouncing my first name, I gave myself an English name: Joan. I will be teaching Chinese in Waubonsie Valley High School during the next school year. I am very excited about the opportunity (Finally I will have chances to teach Americans how to pronounce my Chinese name!). But as a new teacher, I am anxious at the same time. Fortunately, I have met so many experienced and new Chinese teachers like you who are so supportive and helpful and willing to share your wonderful experience with everybody else. I have learned a lot from you. I sincerely hope that we all grow as the Chinese programs grow in the Chicagoland. Thank you all!

Joan (Zhongqi)

No comments: